Thursday, April 17, 2008

BHH, Baked Sesame Seeds w/ Garlic Gomasio, Celery and Dipping Sauces, "L-O-V-E" in a picture frame

This week's Quick ‘n Easy Romance Tip

3 words
– Brush Her Hair

Yes, it’s as easy as it sounds. A hair brush can be a very powerful tool towards relaxing your wife/girlfriend. If you know what her favorite brush is you’re half way there. If you don’t, no worries. You can either bring a selection of her brushes with you when you’re ready to brush her hair or just ask her what her favorite brush is. If she asks why, tell her. Here’s what you do. One evening before she’s ready to go to bed, brush her hair. Your whole objective is to make her feel good, relax her and just let her lose herself in how good it feels to get her hair brushed by you. Do it for about 5 minutes, give her a kiss on the neck and tell her to have sweet dreams. Quick ‘n Easy.

And ladies…communicate with him; let him know what feels good and what doesn’t.
And Gentlemen...Be good listeners.

This week’s video:

Baked Sesame Seeds w/ Garlic Gomasio, Celery, and Dipping Sauces




Laura & I think this tastes Pha-Nominal. And like many recipes, it was found by accident. I created Baked Sesame Seeds w/ Garlic Gomasio, Celery, and Dipping Sauces
because after several times of making Baked Broccoli (January 13th post) and Baked Sweet Potato Fries; which are both seasoned with Sesame Seeds and Garlic Gomasio, I noticed that we all enjoyed eating the baked Sesame Seeds/Garlic Gomasio that were left on the cooking sheet. So I started making extra Seeds and Gomasio every time we had these 2 dishes and it evolved into this week’s video. The name is actually what I call it when I tell Laura & the kids that I’m going to make it. I say, “I’m going to make the Sesame Seed and Garlic Gomasio thing.” We all love it and hope you enjoy it.



In the video I mention the “T-list” and refer you back to my 2nd post. But it is actually my 3rd post that I begin to explain the “T-list.

What is the T-List?

Oprah has her "O" list, I have my T-list. There are T-lists for cooking, gardeing, being romantic, etc…Things on the T-List are things I like to have on hand when I cook, garden, be romantic etc. Everything in this recipe is pretty much on the T-list. Sesame Seeds, Garlic Gomasio, Powdered Garlic and Olive Oil. I get my Sesame Seeds and Garlic Gomasio from Whole Foods and the Powdered Garlic and Olive Oil from Costco.

L-O-V-E in a Picture Frame

With Mother’s Day fast approaching, here are two photo craft projects you can do. All you need is a camera, some pictures she’ll like and your imagination.

This project is all about “L-O-V-E.” And while I show 2 examples of what I did, there are hundreds, thousands, if not millions of ways to spell “L-O-V-E” in a picture. Use what I did as guidelines and come up with your own creative way to say “L-O-V-E” in a Picture Frame.




As you can see, this version has the word “L-O-V-E” in the middle and is surrounded by pictures of my three girls and Laura. I created the “L-O-V-E” image on an old piece of wood that Madison had painted blue and, due to the rain, it gotten washed out. I used flowers from my garden to do the spelling. The “L” is Daisies, the “O” is Ivy Geranium Flowers, the “V” is part of a succulent plant and the “E” is made up of Basil Sprigs. I laid the flowers out on the piece of wood to spell L-O-V-E, took a digital picture of it, printed it out and surrounded it with pictures of my family.

L-O-V-E” in the Park - another version




For this one, I took my camera with me on a recent walk and shot images that resembled letters. If you know the word you’re trying to spell, in this case “L-O-V-E”, you just have look around and see what things look like those letters.

In my example I used images that Laura and I see when we take walks together The “L” is the edge of a gate, the “O” is a tree stump, the “V” is a Birds of Paradise flower and the “E” is a branch.

After you take your pictures, download or develop them and choose the ones you think will work best. Then print out the pictures in the sizes that will fit the frame you choose, lay them out accordingly and you’re good to go. You have an incredibly thoughtful and relatively simple gift that she’ll hopefully treasure for years.

Have a great weekend.

Smiles,

Todd

No comments: