Sunday, January 6, 2008

Split Pea Soup, The NFL and a Glimpse


This week's My "FeMANine" Side Romance Tip:

Dance, Dance, Dance

I love to dance. The next class I want to take is Tap Dance. I have always wanted to learn how to tap. Anyway...I am always sneaking quick dances with my wife Laura or even with the kids around the house. Sometimes they only last thirty secods and sometimes much longer. Doesn't matter if there is music or not. So at least one night this week, before you go to bed, dance with your wife/girlfriend/significant other. Pull her close to you, hold her tight and whisper in her ears that you love her.

This weeks My "FeMANine" Side video: How to make Split Pea Soup




The NFL and Just a Glimpse

If you are not a big NFL fan you might want to skip down a paragraph and start reading at Just a Glimpse. I did not sit and watch the games but I had them on. I am not a big sitter. I like to do other things and have the game on in the background sort of like a radio but with pictures. I thought the games were pretty good. Granted if you are a Bucs, Titans, Steelers or Redskins fan this weekend blew. I was glad to see Chris Chambers had a good game for San Diego and Eli for the Giants. The games next week should also be good and just for fun I am going to make some predictions for this NFL weekend right now....Giants over the Cowboys. Sorry Cowboy fans I think the third time is a charm. Green Bay over Seattle. This was a tough one because I am big fan of both teams. It's in Green Bay so I have to go with Green Bay. But I would not be surprised if Seattle pulls it out. Indianapolis over San Diego and the Jags over the Patriots. As someone who grew up in Florida I would love to see the Jags pull this one out. I am picking with my heart and not my head. I just hope that whomever makes it to the Superbowl that I like one of the teams. It bums me out when I don't have a team to root for in the Superbowl.

Let's talk a little BCS. I was hoping for a good game but as everyone expected (except Ohio State fans), LSU blew them out.

Just a Glimpse

Yesterday after playing Lincoln Logs with London and Brooklyn (my middle and youngest daughters) I sat down at the computer to write my blog. I put the game on, I think it was the Giants/Tampa Bay Game. During one of the commercials, and I cannot remember what it was for, but they were singing a song called Coming to Hollywood and about 15 seconds after the song started London walks into the living room, wearing her "cool cat" glasses but missing one of her fake high heel shoes and starts dancing.



It was adorable.

Meanwhile Madison was in the playroom testing out purses to see which ones she could carry Murphy around in. Murphy is our new dog that we rescued 3 weeks ago.



Laura, or as I like to call her "Super Mom," goes to check on Madison. About the same time, I get up and go into the playroom and, as usual, Laura looked adorable. She had no make up on and was wearing a pair of jeans with a really cute t-shirt. She looked hot. The great thing is, she was going for comfortable. So I gave her a couple of nibbles on the neck, told her I loved her and that she looked awesome, and we left Madison to search for the perfect purse. About 2 minutes or so later Madison comes out with a toy and she wants to show us what she wrote on it



You gotta love her.

At about this time, I had to stop blogging and start preparing lunch. I love to cook. I am not a chef but I am a pretty good cook and I like to be creative with my cooking. Like anything else though, it takes practice. For lunch we had Pasta with Chicken Apple Sausage and Sesame Grilled Onions.



I am a big fan of the Onion and use it a lot when I cook. After lunch I started to prepare my Split Pea Soup which we had with dinner and I also re-heated it today for lunch. It re-heats really well. It was delicous and how to make it is this week's video. You will see in the video that I had some helpers, including Murphy. One quick note that I forgot to mention in the video is you need to mix the soup every so often.

After watching the video, if you would like more detailed instructions (although this soup is pretty easy to make), you can email me at Kandleman@madisonavecandles.com.

Next week's blog we will get into the "T-list" for the kitchen; which are things I have found to be essential to making cooking easier. And of course the big day that is on everybody's mind, no not the Superbowl...Valentines Day.

Smiles.

Todd

MyFeMANineside.blogspot.com

Changing the way men think, one blog at a time.

No comments: