Sunday, January 13, 2008

T.O's tears, Post-IT's, Sweet Potato Fries and the "T"-list


This Weeks My FeMANine Side Quick and Easy Romance Tip

Post-IT's - more than just a sticky peice of paper

Here's a clever way to say "I Love You" - say it with Post-Its. Chances are you have easy access to them & they work great for writing little messages and then sticking them all around the house for her to see. You are amazing. You inspire me. You are beautiful. Can't wait to see you later. It can be almost anything. Just do it and see what happens. Quick and Easy.

This Weeks My FeMANine Side Video: How to make Sweet Potato Fries and Baked Broccoli with Garlic Gomasio.


Sweet Potato Fries and Baked Broccoli



If you have any questions about the Sweet Potato Fries or the Baked Broccoli email me at kandleman@madisonavecandles.com


The "T-List"

If you watched the video before you read this then you heard me mention the "T-list". Oprah has her "O" list, I have my T-list. There are T-lists for cooking, gardeing, being romantic, etc. This week we talk the T-list for cooking. The initial 3 items on the list this are an olive oil mister , olive oil and garlic gomasio. Why did these make the list you ask? Because they can make almost anything taste good.

Where in the world can you find these T-list items? You can find an olive oil mister for around $10 at your local kitchen store or big chain store (Bed Bed & Beyond), olive oil at your local supermarket and garlic gomasio at Whole Foods. The one I buy is made by Eden Organics. Check this week's video for how to use these.


There's no crying in Football or is there?

For the 1o minutes or so that I have been writing and typing and rewriting and staring at a blank screen, my thoughts begin to wander trying to come up with the way I want to start this post. And T.O, (not Tony Orlando) popped into my head and him crying during the press conference after the Giants beat the Cowboys - in Dallas. And if you don't know who I mean by T.O and you actually thought I meant Tony Orlando, then congratulations, you are more FeMANine than me.

I really shouldn't say this because a lot of my good friends are Cowboys fans, but the Giants winning today and beating Jerry and his Boys...well, it kinda made my season. Even if New England goes all the way, wins the Superbowl, stays Undefeated and ties the 72 Dolphins record (and I say tie becuase you can't beat an undefeated season you can only tie it). But even if that happens, I can at least say that the Cowboys lost...But back to T.O.

When I first saw him crying, I have to admit , I was like "come on man hike up your skirt and stop crying!" But then I began to think about it. What's the big deal? It's just a game. But to T.O., this is more than just a game. Imagine the pressure and the emotion that goes into getting up for somethig like that. Just like anything in life, you practice and prepare and then practice and prepare some more and then you fall short. It's tough. And he let his emotions out. To me the crying just shows how passionate he is about winning. And what, because he's a football player, he's not allowed to cry? Real men don't cry? I'll let you in on a little secret "Real men do cry" . I'm crying right now. Ask yourself honestly, when you first saw the highlight, what did you think about TO crying?

What I thought was odd was how he was blabbering on about how it wasn't fair to blame Tony Romo, and that they lost as a team. Oh yeah, I am gonna worry about Tony Romo. He's going to make like a jillion dollars next year and oh, by the way, he's dating Jessica Simpson. And before that he was rumored to be dating Carrie Underwood. Boo hoo. I feel real bad for Tony.

Now onto the BIG day that everyone is thinking about. No, not Super Bowl Sunday. It's Valentine's Day...

Valentine's Day

What's the plan? It's never too early to start planning...so start thinking. And don't forget to check in next week at myfemanineside.blogspot.com for ideas that will make that special someone feel extra special this Valentines. From the extravagant to the budget conscious - I have ideas suited for almost any budget.




Just a "mini" Glimpse

In the morning the girls decided to play dress up.





In the afternon, Madison decided for lunch we should have a picnic and she set everything up including having us all put on our picnic hats.



Have a great week and remember "May the FeMANine Side be with You". Yeah it's cheesy but it made Laura laugh. Need I say more.

Smiles,

Todd

myfeMANineSide.blogspot.com

"Changing the way men think, one blog at a time"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tip worked like a charm. Thanks TB.