Monday, January 28, 2008

Tickle Me Tender, Eggs Benedict and T-16 Days

This week's Quick and Easy Romance Tip

A :30 second commercial interuption

At some point this week you need to give your wife a :30 second commercial interuption for a new product called "Tickle Me Tender". Here's how it works: while your wife is sitting down, stand behind her and have her bend her head forward; then gently rub your fingers through her hair and let the hair fall back down on to her neck. After the 30 seconds give her a nice sweet kiss on the neck and let her get back to what she was doing. Quick and Easy.

This week's Video: Eggs Benedict with Heart Shaped Toast




If you any questions about the Eggs Benedict email at kandleman@madisonavecandles.com or post it.

T-16 Days until V-Day

Since you are reading this, I am going to assume you have started to think about what you're going to do for Valentine's day. If you have not..start. And saying that you're going to order flowers and then waiting to the last minute and complaining about it does not constitute thinking about it.

Ideas for Valentine's Day

A Trip Down Memory Lane (Low on cost, high on joy)

Not to be too cliche, but this is one of those gifts where it truly is the thought that matters. The first time I did this was in college when I had no money. Laura and I had been dating about a year. (That was 18 years ago). You're going to take your wife on a trip down memory lane by giving her gifts reminiscent of great times the two of you have had together. You can go the low or hi budget route - the option is yours. Remember, it's the thought behind it that matters.

Being a poor college student, I had to choose the low budget varitation when I first tried this, so I went down to the 99 cent store and bought her some gifts that signified good memories for us. They included things like a plastic bowling set becuase Laura and I had so much fun whenever we went bowling, some stuffed animals because we loved going to zoos; and a Mickey Mouse themed toy because we went to Disney World when she came to visit me during college breaks. With each gift I wrote a little note like: Remember when we went bowling and we couldn't stop laughing because..

This is only one way of doing it. You could compile some pictures and take a trip down memory lane through photos, get books or calendars featuring places you've been together. Have the two of you ever played in the rain? Then how about you get her a new, special umbrella that will bring back happy memories with you. Is there a movie the two of watched together when you started dating? Buy her the movie and give her a note that says something like "I remember
watching this with you when I/we were first falling in love."

All couples have special moments and memories like this. You just need to start thinking about the fun things you've done together and go from there.

The Art of Massage - Semi Pricey, High on Pleasure!

What woman doesn't enjoy a massage? She gets to relax, forget about her cares and just feel good. Imagine the look on her face when you return home from your romantic valentine's dinner , you let her relax a bit while you sneak off to the bedroom to set up her gift - a portable massage table. You've got the room all decked out with lit candles, her favorite relaxing music (don't have a clue? Get an Enigma CD or download it to your iPod.), and of course, a bottle of massage oil.

Valentine's Day is the perfect excuse to surprise your wife with a portable massage table and at least one massage a week for the next 6 weeks. Not good at massages? No worries, I wasn't either...in the beginning. But the more I practiced and the more I listened, the better I became. And now, I must say that I am pretty damn good at it and getting better everytime. You'll get better too. Try not to skimp on time either, a good massage usually lasts at least 30-45 minutes. As long as you have the key ingredients (all on the "T" list), you'll be in good shape.

The "T" List

Oprah has her "O" list, I have my T-list. There are T-lists for cooking, gardeing, being romantic, etc. This week we talk the T-list for massage.

1) Massage Oil - This is the most important thing you need. You can have all the good intentions in the world and the most expensive massage table they sell but without massage oil the massage doesn't feel good. Make sure you buy an oil that says - Massage Oil or Light Massage Oil. It works so much better than just plain lotion when you are trying to give a good massage. I get my massage oil at http://www.herbalworksinc.com/ and http://www.kamasutra.com/.

2) Portable Massage Table - I got mine at one of my favorite stores. Perhaps you've heard of it...it's called Costco! Sometimes they carry them in the wharehouse, otherwise visit http://www.costco.com/ and buy one online.



That's our table..easy to get out and easy to set up.

3) Lotion - When you are done giving a massage and she is completely relaxed, rub, not massage (yes, there is a difference), some lotion on her. I also get my lotions from Herbalworks.

4) Foot Lotion - I have to say I give a great "foot" massge. I believe that everything starts in the feet. My foot massages come early in the massage. Make sure the lotion you buy is for the feet. I use the Silky Mint Foot Lotion from Herbalworks.

5) Music - Have some music on when you give her a massage. And if you have an iPod or a Cd player, you can even offer her some choices. I will sometines use ocean waves, Enigma, or even a little Justin Timberlake.

6) Candles - To me, candles are a must if you want to have a romantic/relaxing atmosphere. I get all my candles from http://www.madisonavecandles.com/ But if you are looking for some container candles Votivo and Trapp make a nice jarred candle.

If you want to go all out, buy a book on reflexology. I got a set of cards on Reflexology from Costco, and it's amazing how everything in the body is connected and how by rubbing a special spot on her big toe you can releave some major tension. But, if you're not going to read it, don't buy it. The point is, some relexology knowledge can really improve the massages you give.

Just remember, you're not going to be Joe Massgage when you first give it a try. But don't get discouraged. Your wife will love that you tried and if you just listen to her and see what she likes, you'll eventually get better and you'll be enjoying yourself every step of the way. Just have fun doing it!

More Valentines Day gift ideas in next weeks post.

Just A "mini" Glimpse




Laura relaxing with Murphy while the girls dig for worms.

Have a great rest of you week.

Smiles,

Todd
myfemanineside.blogspot.com
"Changing the way men think, one blog at time.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

A. Abranches said...

Love the blog, Great concept.


I have added it to my links on my blog.

www.sevenwordwisdom.blogspot.com