Friday, February 29, 2008

Bringing Back Chivalry, The "Yummy" Dessert and Bobby Knight


This weeks Quick 'n Easy Romance Tip

Bringing Back Chivalry

To most women, chivalry took a hike a long time ago. Well, it’s time to bring this classic back. So, this week’s Quick ‘n Easy romance tip is all old school, it’s about getting back to the basics that so many of us have forgotten about. So, here’s what I want you to do, whether it’s just for one date, a whole day, one week, or the entire month of March and beyond, practice the art of “Chivalry.” Here are some basic examples:

· Open the door for your wife in the morning when she leaves for work
· Open the car door for her if you carpool
· Pull out your wife’s chair when she goes to sit down
· Hold a door open for her & let her walk through it first
· Wait to eat until she’s seated at the table

This week’s video: The “Yummy” Dessert





This dessert was affectionately named by my 3 girls. They just started calling it the "yummy"dessert. It consists of an inner layer of ice cream and two outer layers of sorbet.
You can also top it off with homemade blueberry and strawberry sauce. Sounds "yummy" doesn't it? The above picture is one I made last summer for Laura & the girls. And I do have to say it was “phenomenal.”




If you have any questions about the "Yummy" dessert leave a comment or email me at kandleman@madisonavecandles.com.

And the rest of this week’s post is dedicated to the Big Dance...March Madness:

The “Game Plan” Continued

Last week we started talking about the importance of planning, about laying out your “Game Plan” for your Valentine’s Day (Just Because I Love You Day) in March. By now you hopefully have picked when this special day will occur. This week, we tackle the next step in the plan. You need to start thinking about what you want to do and start making a list of the things you will need.

Are you going to surprise her after work? Do you need to arrange for a baby sitter? Do you need to bring a change of clothes for her? Do you need to get her out of the house for a while on a Saturday to set up? Maybe you want to take her horse-back riding? Maybe you want to cook for her? What friend or family member could you ask for help? Are you going to give her a killer massage? Do you have the oils and lotions you will need? How about music? Are you going to want to dance with her? Do need you need post-its to leave love notes? (By the way, Post-Its are actually available in the shape of a heart & these would be perfect for “just because I love you day.”) Make that list and before too long you'll have your Game Plan.

And if you're feeling a little overwhelmed, I have a quote from Bobby Knight to help inspire you.

“A Pre-Game Pep Talk”

I’m a fan of Bobby Knight’s, who we know will not be on the court coaching this March since he retired a couple of weeks ago. I wasn’t always a fan of his though. I didn’t like him too much in ‘87 when Indiana’s Keith Smart hit that shot out of the corner to beat Syracuse in the National Championship the year before I attended Syracuse. You know how there are some sports highlights that just make you cringe? Well that’s one for me.

But since then, I have come to like Bobby Knight. I love his passion. He may have let his emotions get the best of him sometimes, but he always had a lot of passion. I was reading something about him recently where they featured a quote from him that I loved and immediately put on our quote board.

“Everyone has the will to win…Only those with the will to prepare will win.”

This goes hand and hand with you putting together your Game Plan. Not only do you need to have the “will” to be romantic, you have to be willing to take the time to prepare, to plan, if you will. I believe that anyone can be romantic. You may hit a few bumps at first on your journey but practice makes perfect. The more you practice being romantic, the better you’ll get at it. And the more you plan, the easier it is. So start preparing and planning for your wife’s special day, that effort will go a long way.

March Madness “Post” Up

For the ladies, if you hear the term “post up” when your husband is watching basketball this March, here’s the definition:

“Post Up”- a basketball term where a big man like Shaquille goes down low
(near the basket), establishes a good position, and pins his man with his body
and asks for the ball.

For the gentlemen, since it is March Madness, I would like you to “post” up. But not in the basketball sense, in the blogging sense. I really haven’t had the time to tune up on my college hoops so I need some help. I know Memphis, Duke and Tennessee could all get to the Final Four, but who is the Cinderella story this year? I want to know who you guys think will be this year’s “Bracket Buster?” So, let me hear from you!

And ladies, I would love to hear from you too!

Don’t miss next week’s post:
· Her own Astrological forecast written by you
· English Muffin Pizzas and
· “Good Idea, Bad Idea”

Smiles,

Todd

No comments: